Friday, March 18, 2011

NEOPREEN

Neoprene Beret from Alexandra Cassiniti's Summer Bummer

Life is hard enough without having to start my day with the realization that I don't own this hat!


Neoprene first batted its sweet eyelashes at me in Balenciaga's Spring/Summer '08 collection, and since then my thrifting mates have had to listen to many a "does this wetsuit make me look fat?" from a thrift-store dressing room.

Cassiniti's collection (you MUST check it out here) is all aces: in addition to the C & C Music Factory homage, Summer Bummer also includes some seriously sexy little cheesecloth numbers. That's right, I said cheesecloth! Layering their rough-hewn diaphanous XXXX tank dress over the space-age bralette would be hott enough to make all the boys wanna buy me ice cream this summer.




The boyfriend says "fantasy is free." Neoplease! Somebody get this broke-ass blogger a new bonnet. Or at least help me find out where my 90s spirit animal is these days so we can be friends.


No comments: